Nippon Steel appealed to South Korean court, which had been sentenced to mortgage assets in South Korea

On August 7, according to the Japanese TBS TV station, the Japanese iron making company formally filed an appeal to the poshang branch of Daegu District Court of South Korea because of dissatisfaction with the order of detaining its assets in South Korea issued by the South Korean court. < p > < p > according to the previous report, the order of seizing its property in Korea issued by the Korean court to Nippon Steel was delivered by announcement at 0:00 local time on the 4th, and officially took effect. On the same day, Japan’s iron industry said it would appeal within the time limit. There have been serious differences between Japan and South Korea on the issue of labor compensation for a long time. In October 2018, the full collegiate panel of the South Korean court sentenced the Japanese made iron, which once forced labor on the Korean Peninsula, to compensate each victim with 100 million won. On January 9, 2019, POSCO delivered an attachment order to PNR, which belongs to Nippon Steel. From that day on, Nippon Steel was not allowed to dispose of the property. However, due to the boycott of the Japanese Ministry of foreign affairs, the seizure order was not normally delivered to Nippon Steel. POSCO branch had to decide on June 1, 2020 to serve the seizure order by public announcement. As for the trial of South Korea, the Chief Cabinet Secretary of Japan has previously said that “if we want to promote liquidation, it will inevitably lead to the aggravation of the problem, and strongly urge the South Korean side to solve this problem as soon as possible.”.