Azerbaijani and Armenian agreed to cease fire in Naka

Russian, Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers issued a statement on the 10th, saying that Azerbaijani and Armenian have agreed to cease fire in Nagorny Karabakh region. The statement, released via the website of the Russian Foreign Ministry, said that Azerbaijan and Armenian agreed to cease fire in the Naka region from 12:00 on the 10th, and exchange the bodies of the dead and prisoners under the coordination of the International Red Cross. More details of the cease-fire are still being negotiated. < p > < p > the conflict in Naka lasted nearly two weeks. On the 8th, defense ministry officials of Azerbaijan and Armenian claimed to have severely damaged each other’s troops, accusing each other of damaging civilian areas by artillery fire. The foreign ministers of Afghanistan and Asia went to Moscow, the capital of Russia, for dialogue on September 9. Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said in the early morning of the 10th that, in addition to the realization of a cease-fire, the two sides agreed to start the “substantive year of line-up” for the peaceful settlement of the Naka issue as soon as possible. At the initiative of Russia, the conference on security and cooperation in Europe established a 12 nation Minsk group, with Russia, the United States and France as the co chairs. Since then, negotiations at different levels on the Naka issue have been held in succession within the framework of the Minsk group, but no substantial progress has been made. The Naka region is located in the southwest of Azerbaijan and its residents are mostly Armenian. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, Azerbaijani and Armenian started a war to fight for Naka. The two countries reached an agreement on a comprehensive cease-fire in 1994, but they have been in a state of hostility over the issue of Naka, with occasional conflicts.